的 Multicultural Center provides a comfortable atmosphere where students from all ethnic backgrounds can get information on admission, 登记, 课程和项目规划, 以及转介到校园和社区服务机构.
的 墨西哥学生运动Aztlán (机甲) is a student organization that 促进s higher education, cultura, and historia. 机甲 was founded on the principles of self-determination for the liberation of our people.
的 Black Student Union (BSU)是一个以学生为基础的组织，专注于文化, 社会, and academic needs of African- American students attending Lane.
的 美洲原住民学生协会 (美国国家航空航天局) supports American Indian/Alaska Native students at Lane 社区 College. 美国国家航空航天局 hosts an annual Pow Wow on the first Saturday in April each year.
的 亚太岛民学生会 (APISU) mission is to offer a safe space for Asian and Pacific Islander students at Lane 社区 College (LCC) to meet and network in order to educate, 促进, and encourage awareness of Asian and Pacific Islander cultures and traditions at LCC and within our community locally, 在全国范围内, and inter在全国范围内.
Our Multicultural Center (MCC) 促进s student success through a cultural, academic and 社会 framework in collaboration with college and community partners.
- 的 development of culturally relevant and appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities
- Alignment with college mission, vision, diversity plan and strategic directions
- Understand the relationship and responsibility between self, others and the community
- Demonstrate cross cultural understanding and cultural competency
- Service: Acquire and/or enhance skills to treat others with respect and courtesy, 同时不断努力满足学生/员工的需求.
- Critical thinking skills: Acquire and/or enhance skills to guide personal beliefs and actions through observation, 经验, 反射, 推理, or communication.
- Interpersonal and group skills: Acquire and/or enhance skills to produce mutual benefits so that all group members gain from each other's efforts.
- Teamwork: Acquire and/or enhance skills to enhance the workplace through collaborations with other employees.
- Professional skills: Acquire and/or enhance professional workforce skills through trainings and daily work procedures.
- Appreciation and understanding of differences: Acquire and/or enhance a strong understanding and appreciation of diverse populations through interactions and exposure to growth opportunities.
- Open communication: Acquire and/or enhance skills to approach reasonable topics and hold discussions leading to resolution.